Online Employment Application
Facilities Cleaner - CASUAL
Australia Zoo is currently seeking applicants to work in an outdoor environment within the Cleaning Department. This role is an opportunity to get out and about on our gorgeous 108 acres of amazing grounds, making sure our high standards of cleanliness are maintained throughout the Zoo, no matter what the weather. Applicants must be fit for physical work, enthusiastic, mature-minded, confident, well-presented and able to demonstrate a high level of work-ethic and initiative. Customer Service skills are also highly regarded
Duties may include:
• Cleaning & maintaining all public areas (admissions, entrance, lower level administration building, footpaths, toilets, demonstration areas - all over 108 acres)
• General cleaning of offices
• Waste Disposal, litter removal on or surrounding zoo property including pathways, access areas, service roads and main buildings throughout zoo
• Use of cleaning and maintenance equipment (Vacuum, Blower, Sweeper, Mop, Duster, Gurney, Buggy etc)
• Communication of workplace issues as they arise with the department supervisor.
• Guest relations (providing directions and information to guests).
• Maintain high standard of customer service
• A commitment to privacy and confidentiality
• Work within the guidelines of Workplace Health & Safety procedures to ensure security & safety of self, staff, visitors and animals
• Participate in performance training and performance reviews as requested by the company both on and off the job.
• Attend meetings as requested by Management.
• Other duties as required by Supervisor, Senior management
• Previous experience within a similar role
• The ability to operate equipment required for the role (Leaf blower etc)
• Strong communication skills
• The ability to multi-task
• 7 day a week availability including Weekends, Public Holidays and School Holidays
• Must be physically fit and able to work outdoors
• Manual drivers licence
• Own transport essential
Apply for this job below. Applications close 4th of February 2018
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have eg First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application
Please allow 20 minutes to complete the application.