Online Employment Application
AV Assistant - Casual
Department: Audio Visual
This position covers a variety of creative and technical projects where no two days are the same. As an AV Assistant you will produce high quality video content and assist in running audio/visual productions in a timely manner. You will further develop your video and audio editing skills for both internal and external media. Furthermore, you will possess experience working with professional audio visual, and have demonstrated experience in the successful delivery of AV services within a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
Duties include (But are not limited to):
• Filming, editing, compositing and colour grading requirements as requested for cross-media formats including but not restricted to TV broadcast, web and internal screenings.
• Efficiency in video editing software Adobe CC - AE, PP and PS
• Executing practical aspects of all software used within the Audio Visual Department.
• Graphic design.
• Voice over, field and location recording and audio mixing and mastering using advanced signal processing.
• Operation of audio equipment and systems including live audio setup/installation incorporating advanced line array and digital systems, operation of digital and analog mixing consoles and processors, live audio systems maintenance and wireless frequency management.
• Operation of visual equipment and systems including live vision mixing, live vision systems maintenance, live remote camera feed operation, creating and scheduling daily video playlists and maintenance of multiple vision feed splits.
• Experience and knowledge on production software and hardware.
• Existing knowledge of video formats and conducting timely conversion under time constraints including advanced video encoding and container use.
• Computer and network maintenance across multiple platforms and operating systems.
The successful applicant will have a demonstrated ability to work in a high-pressure, flexible environment and to deliver high level results.
• A relevant tertiary qualification in video editing and production
• Exceptional Excel, database and online skills
• Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills
• Well developed organisational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks
Apply for this job below. Applications close 10th of September 2017
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have eg First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application
Please allow 20 minutes to complete the application.