Online Employment Application
Experienced Carpenter - FULL TIME
Department: Building Services
An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced and skilled Carpenter to join our busy Building Services department at Australia Zoo. The Building Services department is responsible for maintaining municipal residences and buildings, along with the construction of new enclosures, displays and structures. Skilled Carpenters at Australia Zoo report directly to the Building Services manager and work alongside an experienced construction crew.
Duties and requirements include:
• Assist with the general maintenance of the facilities, fences and signage in and around the Zoo. (repairs, construction, painting, cleaning etc).
• General cleaning duties of work sites, work sheds and equipment.
• Dig trenches using hand tools or jackhammers to break up rock and concrete, so that footings and services can be laid
• General carpentry, roofing, wall framings, trusses and building set out
• Working out the quantity of materials needed for the job.
• Assist to monitor and direct safety checks (staff, facilities and equipment)
• General Domestic and Commercial carpentry knowledge
• Operating carpentry tools and machinery
• Work within the guidelines of the health and safety procedures to ensure security and safety of self, staff, visitors and animals.
• Other duties as requested by the Construction Manager or Zoo Director
• Must be physically fit, motivated and show good communication/organisational skills
• Must hold a current construction "White Card"
• Ability to work well as a team and unsupervised
• Previous experience in a similar role
• Experience operating tools and equipment related to position
• Hold current Manual Driver's Licence
• Available to work weekends, public holidays, and school holiday periods
• Any other relevant tickets/licenses
• Forklift ticket
• Elevated Work Platform ticket
• MR/HR License
Apply for this job below. Applications close 17th of September 2017
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have eg First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application
Please allow 20 minutes to complete the application.