Online Employment Application
Do you have what it takes to drive the Australia Zoo retail business to the next level? Do you know that khaki is not a colour but an attitude? We want to hear from you.
The Retail Manager plays an integral role in the daily running of the Retail Departments here at Australia Zoo. Regularly liaising with Management and other departments of the zoo, the Retail Manager is responsible for achieving monthly sales targets, stock levels, store appearance and presentation, providing exceptional and high quality customer service, and the day to day leadership of the team.
The Retail Manager also oversees the training and development of the retail staff ensuring skill gaps are recognised and the appropriate training is received.
The Australia Zoo retail department is relentlessly focused on excellence and strives to ensure guest's shopping experience are the best they can be and an experience on its own. The Photography lab and studio is a part of the Retail department and is overseen by the Retail Manager.
This role is responsible for the Retail and Warehouse budget performance, ensuring key risks and opportunities are highlighted and reported on a monthly basis; provide forecast updates and variance explanations to Senior Management.
The successful person for this role will be target driven and will use their strong strategic development skills to ensure revenue increase across all areas.
• Minimum of 5 years' experience in a management role within Retail
• Strong background in ecommerce retailing with the ability to see changing trends and development of the online shopping experience.
• Experience in Wholesale purchasing with strong negotiation skills
• Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, POS)
• Competence in delegating multiple tasks and following up to ensure completion
• Communication and leadership skills
• Up to date with Retail trends and best practices
• Ability to manage personnel and meet financial targets
• Excellent customer service skills and an in-depth knowledge of customer service principles and practice
• Excellent communication skills
• High level of supervisory, decision making and organisation skills
• Exceptional problem solving and planning skills with the ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Budget Management including gross profit and Stock control
• Must be well presented at all times and lead by example
• Strong skills in product development and brand awareness
If you are the person we're searching for to take our Retail departments to the next level then please apply. Applications will require a cover letter and resume. Applicants must meet the above criteria. Only those successful for an interview will be contacted
Apply for this job below. Applications close 20th of July 2018
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have eg First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application
Please allow 20 minutes to complete the application.