Online Employment Application
Head Chef - Full time
Department: Food & Beverage
Australia Zoo has an exciting opportunity available for an experienced chef to join the team. If the culinary world is your passion and you enjoy providing exceptional food and dining experiences, then this is the job for you.
As the Head Chef you will join a team of experienced staff to that is relentlessly focussed on excellence and strives to ensure guest's dining experiences are an attraction itself.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a supervisory role within Food and Beverage
- Food Safety Supervisor Certificate
- Competence in delegating multiple tasks and following up to ensure completion
- Communication and leadership skills
- Up to date with food and beverage trends and best practices
- Excellent customer service skills and an in-depth knowledge of customer service principles and practice
- Excellent communication skills
- High level of supervisory, decision making and organisation skills
- Exceptional problem solving and planning skills with the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be well presented at all times and lead by example
- Experience in high end, high volume functions
- Experience in all facets of food safety compliance
- Experience in Microsoft excel, word
- Experience in recipe and menu engineering
- Experience in a large production kitchen utilizing portion control is desired but not essential
If you are looking for a job within hospitality that offers you sociable working hours and meet the above criteria please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org or click "Start Application" option below.
Apply for this job below. Applications close 23rd of April 2017
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have eg First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application
Please allow 20 minutes to complete the application.