Online Employment Application
Education Officer - Full Time
Australia Zoo has an exciting opportunity available for a results driven person with a background in education and/or wildlife science disciplines. Confidence and demonstrated capacity to establish and build professional relationships to support education revenue streams will also be a requirement.
The purpose of this role is to grow all education program awareness, value, revenue, school visits and student numbers (school based & public programs) in accordance with department budgets and organisational strategies.
This role entails promoting and delivering all Australia Zoo's innovative and unique educational experiences with the enthusiasm and passion of Australia Zoo's culture and ethos.
Its primary focus is school groups (eg preschool, primary and secondary), universities, Tafes and similar facilities, community education groups, day centres & other facilities that have potential education linkages.
The successful application will have a demonstrated ability to work in a high-pressure, flexible environment and the capacity to deliver all educational program presentations, sales, & administrative requirements to a high level.
• Formal education/wildlife science qualifications
• Up to 1-2 years experience in a similar position in education/wildlife science
• Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships
• Computer and program literacy including Excel, word (including power point), on line skills & the ability to learn job role specific computer programs
• Strong attention to detail & well developed problem solving skills
• Well developed organisational skills & the ability to handle multiple tasks
• A high level of interpersonal skills and the ability to engage, negotiate and communicate effectively with all staff (all levels) and customers to ensure ongoing relationship development and management.
• Flexibility with days/hours of work (including weekends). Regular and ongoing weekend availability will be a requirement.
• Open manual driver's license
Apply for this job below. Applications close 14th of September 2017
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have eg First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application
Please allow 20 minutes to complete the application.