Learn all you need to know about the fastest land mammal in the world. Our keepers will let you hangout and get hands on with one of our regal cheetahs, while a photographer snaps away.
Timing and Days:
- Cheetah Encounters are held 7 days a week.
- Cheetah Encounters are conducted from 1.00pm - 1.20pm.
- A professional Australia Zoo Photographer to capture the moment.
- Two photos per person (one 8"x6" and one 4"x6").
- A longer hands on time than the Cheetah Snapshot.
Price and Guest Limit:
- $150 per person.
- Maximum of 4 participants per Encounter.
- Minimum age of participants is 15 years.
- Bookings should be made in advance online or through the Information and Tour Desk at Australia Zoo on (07) 5436 2002 or email via our contact form
- If available, bookings are able to be made on the day before 12pm.
- Cheetah Encounters may be cancelled if the weather is bad. The encounter will be rescheduled for later that day or the next available date.
Terms and Conditions
1. Big Cat Encounters are only available to participants who are 15 years and older.
2. Guests must be fit and healthy, have full motor skill capacity.
3. Participants must be able to squat/kneel down and stand up quickly & without assistance. If any participants arrive and cannot display this, the encounter will not go ahead. You may be asked to demonstrate this ability.
4. Guests with limps, wheelchairs or walking aids are not permitted on the encounter.
5. Each guest must have full intellectual abilities.
6. Each guest must be able to understand English or have a paying interpreter with them.
7. Australia Zoo reserves the right to refuse any person to participate in the encounter for safety or other reasons.
General Animal Encounter Terms and Conditions
1. Guests must check in at the Information Desk by 12:00PM.
2. Only paying participants can participate, there are no opportunities for others party members to view the encounter. Australia Zoo staffs are not able to look after children during the encounter.
3. Entry is not included; guests must have a valid Zoo entry to participate in any encounters.
4. If you do not show or are late to the experience the fee will NOT be refunded.
5. Cancellation within 48 hours will result in forfeiture of 50% of the full fee.
6. Enclosed and flat suitable footwear must be worn during the encounter. Shoes that have been recently worn around grazing animals (eg. horse boots) are not allowed.
7. Clothing should be neutral in colour and not be overly baggy or frilly.
8. Pants should be knee length or longer. NO short shorts, skirts or dresses allowed.
9. No over powering scents/perfumes and no loud accessories (bells, bracelets/bangles etc.).
10. Big Cat Encounters are subject to the weather. You must be aware that the encounter may be cancelled if bad weather occurs before or during the Session. The encounter will be rescheduled for the next available date, at the handler's discretion.
11. No personal items are to be taken into the enclosures this includes camera. An Australia Zoo photographer will be present to capture the action. Photos are available to purchase at the Fuji Photo Lab. Included with this encounter is an Australia Zoo Photo package including ONE 4x6 & ONE 6x8 photos per person.
12. Please ensure that your hands are clean prior to commencement of experience.
13. All participants must follow all instructions given by the handlers.
14. Participants may be asked to cease the encounter at any time for whatever reason at the handler's discretion
15. Please remember that Big Cats are predatory animals and are quite capable of exercising their natural instincts.
16. Do not under any circumstances attempt to roughly handle the Big Cat.
17. The Big Cat can be patted on the back only; please do not touch their heads, faces or any other body parts.
18. Guests must be aware they may be filmed during experiences for media purposes, please see Indemnity & Release information provided.
19. Australia Zoo does not take any responsibility for any injuries that are received. First Aid will be called if required.
20. All encounters are subject to change without notice.
*Please alert staff if you have any serious allergies.« Return to Animal Encounters
Animal Encounter Enquiry Form
We need your name, email address, which Encounter you're interested in, and anything else you can tell us about your trip to Australia Zoo! If you know what day you're coming, and your preferred Encounter is available, we'll contact you to confirm the booking, or we can give you details of alternative available Encounters.