Whoever would have thought... a camel's hump actually stores fat, not water as commonly believed. Climb aboard for a leisurely walk on these gorgeous animals and go behind the scenes of Australia Zoo to discover our off display Alligator pond.
Timing and Days:
- Session is between 30-40minutes in duration and are conducted at 10am daily.
- Outback Camel Adventure is available 7 days a week outside of school holidays.
- A professional Australia Zoo Photographer to capture the moment.
- One 6"x8" photo per paying person.
Price and Guest Limit:
- Bookings should be made in advance through the Information and Tour Desk at Australia Zoo on (07) 5436 2002 or online.
- If available, bookings can be made on the day before 9:30!
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
1. The encounter is available to guests aged 3 years and over. Children under 14 must be accompanied by a paying, participating adult. Only participating guests will be taken to the enclosure.
2. Height restrictions apply: Children under 100cms and over 3 years old can ride free with a paying adult. Children 100cms tall or above are charged as paying participant.
3. Weight restrictions apply: Maximum 90kg combined weight limit per camel.
4. Guests must have reasonable motor skills, be able to keep balance and hang on at all times. No fidgeting on the animals back or yelling etc.
5. This encounter is not suitable for pregnant women.
6. Maximum 3 Adults & 3 Children per session time e.g. 1 adult +1 child; per camel.
7. Everyone must wear helmet (sprayed after each use - no hair nets required).
8. Sensible footwear must be worn.
9. Guests must check in at the Information Desk no later than 9:45am.
10. No personal items are to be taken into the enclosures this includes cameras. An Australia Zoo photographer will be present to capture the action. Photos are available to purchase at the Fuji Photo Lab. Included with this encounter is a Australia Zoo 6x8" Photo per paying participant
11. The enclosure is not accessible for wheelchairs.
General Animal Encounter Terms and Conditions
1. Entry is not included; guests must have a valid Zoo entry to participate in any encounters.
2. If you do not show or are late to the experience the fee will NOT be refunded.
3. Cancellation within 48 hours will result in forfeiture of 50% of the full fee.
4. Suitable footwear must be worn during the encounter.
5. All participants must follow all instructions given by the handlers.
6. Participants must have reasonable motor skills.
7. Each guest must be able to understand English or have a paying participating interpreter with them.
8. Please ensure that your hands are clean prior to commencement of experience.
9. Participants may be asked to cease the encounter at any time for whatever reason at the handler's discretion
10. Australia Zoo reserves the right to refuse any person to participate for safety or other reasons.
11. All interaction will be instigated by the animals.
12. Guests must be aware they may be filmed during experiences for media purposes, please see Indemnity & Release information provided.
13. Australia Zoo does not take any responsibility for any injuries that are received. First Aid will be called if required.
14. All encounters are subject to change without notice.
« Return to Animal Encounters
Animal Encounter Enquiry Form
We need your name, email address, which Encounter you're interested in, and anything else you can tell us about your trip to Australia Zoo! If you know what day you're coming, and your preferred Encounter is available, we'll contact you to confirm the booking, or we can give you details of alternative available Encounters.