Take a walk on the wild side, literally!
Enjoy these awesome animals up close! Take a walk with one of our drop-dead gorgeous tigers as one of our professional photographers captures this special, once in a lifetime moment.
Timing and Days:
- Tiger Walks are held 7 days a week.
- Tiger Walks are conducted from 8:30am - 9:00am. Participants must meet at Australia Zoo Admissions at 8:00am.
- A professional Australia Zoo Photographer to capture the action.
- Two photos per person (one 4"x6" and one 8"x6"). Discounted photo packages available.
Price and Guest Limit:
- $199 per adult.
- Maximum of 4 participants per walk.
- Minimum age of participants is 15 years.
Access to Australia Zoo:
- As Tiger Walks are held prior to opening hours, guests are required to be at Australia Zoo's admission gates at 8am, where they will be greeted and escorted into Zoo premises.
- Entry into Australia Zoo is not included, however encounters are only valid to guests with valid Zoo entry tickets. You can prepurchase these online or on the morning of your encounter.
- Bookings must be made in advance online or by contacting Australia Zoo Tour Desk on 5436 2002.
- The Tiger Walk may be cancelled if the weather is bad. The encounter will be rescheduled for later that day or the next available date.
Terms and Conditions
1. Big Cat Encounters are only available to participants who are 15 years and older.
2. Guests must be fit and healthy, have full motor skill capacity.
3. Participants must be able to squat/kneel down and stand up quickly & without assistance. If any participants arrive and cannot display this, the encounter will not go ahead. You may be asked to demonstrate this ability.
4. Guests with limps, wheelchairs or walking aids are not permitted on the encounter.
5. Each guest must have full intellectual abilities.
6. Each guest must be able to understand English or have a paying participating interpreter with them.
7. Australia Zoo reserves the right to refuse any person to participate in the encounter for safety or other reasons.
General Animal Encounter Terms and Conditions
8. Guests must be at the Admission gate by 8:00am. A staff member will sign all guests in for the 8:30am start.
9. Only paying participants can participate, there are no opportunities for others party members to view the encounter. Australia Zoo staffs are not able to look after children during the encounter.
10. Entry is not included; guests must have a valid Zoo entry to participate in any encounters.
11. If you do not show or are late to the experience the fee will NOT be refunded.
12. Cancellation within 48 hours will result in forfeiture of 50% of the full fee.
13. Enclosed and flat suitable footwear must be worn during the encounter. Shoes that have been recently worn around grazing animals (eg. horse boots) are not allowed.
14. Clothing should be neutral in colour and not be overly baggy or frilly.
15. Pants should be knee length or longer. NO short shorts, skirts or dresses allowed.
16. No over powering scents/perfumes and no loud accessories (bells, bracelets/bangles etc.).
17. Big Cat Encounters are subject to the weather. You must be aware that the encounter may be cancelled if bad weather occurs before or during the Session. The encounter will be rescheduled for the next available date, at the handler's discretion.
18. No personal items are to be taken into the enclosures this includes cameras. An Australia Zoo photographer will be present to capture the action. Photos are available to purchase at the Fuji Photo Lab. Included with this encounter is an Australia Zoo Photo package including ONE 4x6 & ONE 6x8 photos per person.
19. Please ensure that your hands are clean prior to commencement of experience.
20. All participants must follow all instructions given by the handlers.
21. Participants may be asked to cease the encounter at any time for whatever reason at the handler's discretion
22. Please remember that Big Cats are predatory animals and are quite capable of exercising their natural instincts.
23. Do not under any circumstances attempt to roughly handle the Big Cat.
24. The Big Cat can be patted on the back only; please do not touch their heads, faces or any other body parts.
25. Guests must be aware they may be filmed during experiences for media purposes, please see Indemnity & Release information provided.
26. Australia Zoo does not take any responsibility for any injuries that are received. First Aid will be called if required.
27. All encounters are subject to change without notice.
*Please alert staff if you have any serious allergies.« Return to Animal Encounters
Animal Encounter Enquiry Form
We need your name, email address, which Encounter you're interested in, and anything else you can tell us about your trip to Australia Zoo! If you know what day you're coming, and your preferred Encounter is available, we'll contact you to confirm the booking, or we can give you details of alternative available Encounters.